Skip to content

WILKO PAY BALLOT 2021

July 2021 Pay Bulletin

WILKO PAY BALLOT 2021

Dear GMB Member.

The 2021 WILKO pay offer is now out to ballot, the ballot ends on the 19th July 2021. If you have not received your ballot paper, please contact the GMB. This is your vote and your decision as to whether the company pay offer is acceptable.

THE FULL COMPANY PAY OFFER IS AS FOLLOWS:

  • A 3.2% increase to rates of pay in August with 2.2% backdated to April 2021 for level 3s and Level 5s.
    • Level 1s and 2s have already received 2.2% in April 2021 and will receive a further 1% from August 2021 for a total of 3.2% increase on the 2020 basic rate of pay.
    • The removal of paid breaks in retail with the following buy out:
  • o Under 20 contracted hours £100,
  • o 20 to 29 contracted hours £250,
  • o Over 30 contracted hours £450.
  • o (The buyout amounts can be received in the form of a gift card).

Any team member working over 6hrs a day will be entitled to a 30-minute unpaid break. Your contract size is hours of contracted paid work, so your current contractual income is protected.

Any 1-hour unpaid break offered by the company will be voluntary and at the discretion of the team Member.

Team members can request a consolidation of hours in line with the needs of the store and customer footfall, this will not be unreasonably refused unless the store cannot facilitate this due to, for example, team member numbers and absence levels.

Where more hours become available within a store, they will be offered to current Team members in the first instance giving an opportunity to increase income.

If the final offer above is accepted by a majority of GMB members, the new hourly rates of pay from August 2021 will be:

Level 1s under 23s – £8.46ph. – Level 1s over 23s – £9.00ph.

Level 2s – £9.24ph. – Level 3s – £10.93ph.

Level 5s – £19.72ph.

GMB believe the 3.2% increase on the 2020 basic rate is the best that can be achieved through negotiation, is in excess of inflation (RPI at 2.9% in April 2021), is in excess of pay offers from other retailers and Wilko will no longer be a minimum wage employer.

Only GMB members are entitled to vote, if you are not a GMB member, join today and have your say. See your local GMB rep or join at “gmb.org.uk/join”

ROGER JENKINS, GMB NATIONAL OFFICER.

 

 

Wilko Bulletin 06-07-21 – Wilko Pay Ballot 2021 (2)

Posted: 7th July 2021

Twitter Share